Program Manager – Social Assistance and Rehabilitation for the Physically Vulnerable (SARPV) – প্রোগ্রাম ম্যানেজার – শারীরিকভাবে দুর্বলদের জন্য সামাজিক সহায়তা এবং পুনর্বাসন (SARPV)
Published on: 24 May 2022
Employment Status: Contractual
Experience: At least 4 year(s)
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Application Deadline: 31 May 2022
- Social Assistance and Rehabilitation for the Physically Vulnerable (SARPV) is a non- government, non-political, Bangladeshi organization under its Health & Nutrition program providing lifesaving health & nutrition support to the Rohingya people of Cox’s Bazar. As part of its Health & Nutrition interventions in support with UNHCR & WFP, SARPV is implementing “Integrated nutrition interventions to address malnutrition among Rohingya refugees.”
- Job purpose:
- Project implementation oversight including planning, initiation, quality service delivery, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, procurement tracking, budget management and coordination with donors, TWGs and Govt. officials.
- Liaises with:
- Programmatically with donor agencies (UNHCR & WFP) and Nutrition sectors at Cox’s Bazar level.
- Operationally with SARPV departments of HR, finance, logistics, MEAL (Internally) and with authorities at camp and district level, and relevant sectors in Cox’s Bazar Rohingya response (externally).
- Contractual, until 31st December 2022 (renewable)
- Project Implementation
- Program implementation and management as per the donor and nutrition sector recommended guidelines and protocols
- Supervision of nutrition activities and their successful implementation.
- Develop a detailed implementation plan (DIP) to execute and achieve the targets activities as per the PPA.
- Ensure capacity building of his/her team members. Build staff quality and competencies through OJT or arranging the services related training program
- Ensure program quality in every steps of implementation
- Establishing and implementing work plans, and managing budgets according to the outputs and results of the programs.
- Ensure that community-based activities, such as sessions, nutrition screening and education, and case tracing are properly conducted.
- Provide guidance and expertise in strategic expansion of nutrition programming.
- Work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with donor regulations, communications, etc.
- Participate in the proposal development/budget modification process based on the needs.
- Budget Management
- Ensure that SARPV administrative and financial policies and procedures are understood and followed by all project staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that the project budget and expenditure plans are in place for all activities and monitored regularly with project team, logistics and finance teams.
- Be proactive against unusual transactions; variations from established procedures or any practices which do not demonstrate transparency and accountability.
- Budget holder with expenditure authorization responsibility according to delegation of authority and SARPV financial policy and procedures, and donor compliance guidelines.
- Coordinate with the camp authorities , donor and relevant sectors and agencies for mutual support and smooth implementation.
- Liaison with government bodies and SARPV government liaison team to seek approval for project implementation, such as need assessmnet form, RRRC and CiC requests
- Ensure active participation in camp level coordination meetings with local authorities such as site management and CiC, and/or with other organizations
- Represent SARPV at consortium coordination meetings such as the project implementation committee and community engagement working group
- Support effective coordination, collaboration and networking across the wider humanitarian community in the Rohingya Response through relevant sectors
- Work closely with other SARPV project teams to ensure integration of all projects within SARPV, for smooth operation and mutual support.
- Human Resource Management
- Support HR department to ensure timely recruitment of qualified project staff.
- Monitor staff performance and ensure timely performance development reviews.
- Ensure staff welfare, safety and security in liaison with HR.
- Ensure an enabling, friendly, collaborative and professional working culture within the project team, and adherence to SARPV policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with MEAL team to ensure that there is project M&E system in place with regular systematic activity review for tracking project progress against targets.
- Ensure that the project maintains an updated database to track key project outputs against set targets.
- Organize regular progress meetings with project staff to review progress of project deliverables against targets as stipulated in the logframe.
- Support MEAL team to organise and implement surveys, evaluations and learning documentation of project achievements
- Liase with MEAL, Advisors and Director Nutrition to set up and sustain a feedback mechanism for accountability to program staff and beneficiaries
- Prepare weekly, monthly, half yearly and yearly report of the project and submit to Director Nutrition
- Provide program reports that are timely and meet institutional and donor requirements. The PM is ultimately responsible for all relevant donor reporting for the nutrition program.
- Work with MEAL team to maintain a database of activity reports and supporting documents and tools according to the detailed implementation plan and logframe
- Coordinate and ensure that project reports are analyzed and learning generated to inform program and advocacy actions and/or decisions.
- Masters and Bachelors degree in Nutrition or relevant subjects from reputed institutions.
- At least 4 year(s)
- At least 4 years progressively work experience in Nutrition program implementation.
- Experience in managerial position will be prioritized
- Experience in managing project budget is required
- Good computer and report writing skills are required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Good knowledge on Rohingya refugee context is desirable.
- Monthly gross salary is 130000 BDT
Compensation & Other Benefits
- 2 days weekly holiday
- 2 Festival bonus
- Local transport, mobile bill and others allowance will be applicable as per organization’s policy.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.